View Single Post

Old 12-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Here's my experience when I got rear-ended at the Marathon Station on 466A while waiting to move out into traffic. The fellow that ran into me, admitted his foot slipped off the brake. He actually pushed my car out into the street, fortunately no traffic was in that lane. I drove around the block and came back around he was in the bank parking lot waiting.

He gave me his name, phone number and his insurance info, it was Travelers. When I got home, I called Travelers and they said an appraiser would be at my home tomorrow. I never called my insurance company.

The appraiser estimated the damage at $1200 and they would pay for a car rental while mine was being repaired. I asked if he recommended one shop over another, or the dealer. He said, it didn't matter, but he heard good things about Car Guys in Lady Lake. He said, I'll put this in the system and wait about 15 minutes and you can call the repair shop.

I called Car Guys and they asked for the Travelers claim number, they said they had the info, and to bring in my car tomorrow and it would be fixed in one day. They said would I need a rental, I said yes, they said we'll call Enterprise at LSL and they'll come and pick me up at Car Guys.

I took my car in and was picked up by Enterprise and got a rental car at LSL and went home. The next day I got a call from Car Guys, they said once the techs got under the car, there was more damage to the trunk. I said do you want me to call the appraiser. They said, No, they had already done that, and he had stopped by and approved $2400 in repairs. However, my car would probably be 3 or 4 days to get fixed.

The next week they called and said it was ready, and I drove to LSL dropped off the rental, and they took me to Car Guys and my car was like new. The bumper didn't really need painting, it was not scratched, but bumped in. However, I know they repainted the bumper because the old dealer sticker was not there anymore, and the car looked like new. They did a fantastic job, and Travelers was great to work with and I never informed my insurance company.
That was a good experience.