Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 12-30-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I drove to the mailboxes this morning. There was a woman at the newspaper box trying to buy a paper. When I returned from getting my mail, she was still there. I asked her if she was having a problem getting a paper. She said that she had 3 quarters and a nickel, but needed 4 quarters. I told her that I would be happy to give her a quarter. She said, "Oh no, I will walk home and get another quarter". Can someone explain why she wouldn't take a quarter from me? And, does it have anything to do with male vs female behavior?
My wife's parents are incapable of accepting help. I have no idea how to change them. They would literally freeze before they would ask for a blanket. I'm sure there are others like them.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!