View Single Post

Old 01-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohns View Post
I want to thank you for this thread! We purchased a home in the Villages in November and are so excited to make it our own. Many of the things you all suggested, warned against are mistakes I would have made.

I do have a question/worry. I have been reading the local news papers and the comment sections. It seems to be very political. I am hoping to live a quiet, fun filled life and let my one vote to speak for me. Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid politics? Is everyone in the Villages hyper-political? I do not want to offend anyone, I just want to enjoy all the Villages has to offer and not be inundated with political discourse. If you could offer suggestions to calm my worries; it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
Welcome! I have never had a negative experience around politics in The Villages (and my views are in the minority, for sure!). It just doesn't generally come up and if it did, I'd change the subject FAST. Mama was right when she said "Never discuss politics or religion"!!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!