View Single Post

Old 01-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Default Re: Your bill for $1.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Unfortunately I did not chose my insurance as I work full time although I should be retired. My employer has chosen my insurance for me and I do pay a lot for it plus I pay $140.00 a month out of pocket for Medicare since I am not at my full retirement age. We need to remember that there are some people who live in The Villages that are not as financially secure as others and we are just trying to enjoy a comfortable life. We don't all drive fancy cars and live in premier homes. I know with my dentist he accepts what the insurance offers and doesn't send me a bill for $1.40.
First of all in many cases, in most cases the billing is handled by a computer. There is no logical brain that says by the time we print and mail a bill for $1.40 it will cost more than $1.40 to collect it.

RE: your employer chose the insurance plan
You might want to discover what it costs your employer. I think you will be shocked. Also, for you it is untaxed income. There are many books on the subject. Medical costs are rising far faster than the rate of inflation. I don't know who you work for or what you do but to stay in business you must make a profit.
If, your boss was to give you the best coverage in the world and the cost exceeds what you produce in value one day you will show up for work and find signs-OUT OF BUSINESS.