View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Different and fun ways to save money

I, personally, am sick to death of all this talk of FENNEY .... so let's have a discussion about MONEY .............

Sometime ago I read an article in the local paper about a woman of meager means who wanted to go on a cruise and she saved dollars and did it! So, without giving it too much thought, I started throwing dollar bills in a drawer, when my purse got too heavy I cleaned it out just keeping sufficient small change to go shopping and put the rest in a vase, then I started taking the quarters and saved them. Of course, I had to save pennies and now I have bags and bags of pennies.

Recently when I was bored I thought I would count my various money stashes. I could not believe it. I had saved dollar bills in the hundreds and change in the vase approaching $50. I use the quarters to purchase dish washing liquid 4 bottles at a time (I hate running out of anything essential), and it was painless. The bags of pennies went to the Sheriffs Ranch for their charity. Now I am left wondering what I did with this money before I became a banker

So, you out there in TOTV land, do you stash away money in odd little ways because I'm looking for some new ways to save.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak