View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to paminix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I, personally, am sick to death of all this talk of FENNEY .... so let's have a discussion about MONEY .............

Sometime ago I read an article in the local paper about a woman of meager means who wanted to go on a cruise and she saved dollars and did it! So, without giving it too much thought, I started throwing dollar bills in a drawer, when my purse got too heavy I cleaned it out just keeping sufficient small change to go shopping and put the rest in a vase, then I started taking the quarters and saved them. Of course, I had to save pennies and now I have bags and bags of pennies.

Recently when I was bored I thought I would count my various money stashes. I could not believe it. I had saved dollar bills in the hundreds and change in the vase approaching $50. I use the quarters to purchase dish washing liquid 4 bottles at a time (I hate running out of anything essential), and it was painless. The bags of pennies went to the Sheriffs Ranch for their charity. Now I am left wondering what I did with this money before I became a banker

So, you out there in TOTV land, do you stash away money in odd little ways because I'm looking for some new ways to save.
For fun I am going to save $1 the first week of the year, $2 the second week, $3 the third week, etc.