View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
[/color]

I hope the person you responded to didn't have the same experience at high school as I did. If I were to take your comparison seriously I'd rather just divorce my husband and move in with my sister, than move to the Villages.

I was one of the people who had no table at the cafeteria. I was the one they beat up in the gym, I was the one who got DISinvited to her "best friend's" birthday party because her boyfriend said he wouldn't be there if I showed up.

If that's the mentality I can expect (and I've seen evidence of such right here on this forum), then maybe I should have a talk with a lawyer, instead of a real estate agent.

MY last decades of life are worth more to me than a trip to a Home for the Aged High School Bullies.
When I first started posting on this Forum many years ago I was very unsure about this place, it seemed WAAAAY too good to be true and I asked people who the builder was and was he nice and what were the hidden bad things. I was met with absolute negativity. I know now why. People who live here for awhile almost always like it very much and those who live here year 'round, soon start thinking of it as home. They feel defensive of this lovely place and grow tired of the real trolls who stroll in just to start trouble and sew seeds of discord.

Jazuela, The Villages is just about all that and a bag of chips. It is well run and it is highly populated with very funny and opinionated people who rarely talk politics when in a social situation. There is a least one real billionaire here and countless people who worked hard all of their lives even if they had a cold, a headache or a sore back. The worst trouble most of them have been in with the law is a speeding ticket or a library book kept past date. They are quick to like you and slow to be troublesome, most of those that I have met anyway, and most of us have radar that can back up and walk away if someone is really and completely a jerk. We have a few on this Forum and even wonderful folks can be a jerk from time to time.

Most people who live here have however met their share of heartbreaking situations with health and loss of loved ones and perhaps a few serious economic downturns. It has made most of them compassionate and stalwart and very understanding, no matter their politics and bank account, they have met and weathered some life crises.

I hope that you Jazuela will be happy here especially since you seem to be heavily pressured to live here by your husband. I liked to vacation in Florida but I never in a thousand years thought I would live here. Well here I am and I am happy.

Jazz, you are obviously quite bright and quite funny too and I bet you are well loved by people who know you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the amazing and kind and positive people who live here.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-03-2019 at 09:03 AM.