View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I agree to everything you said. Unless a corridor such as 441/27 will be in the future for points south, I would not consider purchasing a home in the Southern Oaks area. I prefer to be a "hop, skip and a jump" to all the restaurants and stores that dot the 441/27 corridor which runs through The Villages.
I really don't care about the stores, I'm close to Ace and Lowes and that's all I personally care about. There are plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute drive of Fenney and many more in Leesburg. There are malls south of Leesburg, can't remember the name of the town but great shopping down there and now with 501 opened to 470, shortcuts have appeared. These stores and chain restaurants that you are concerned about will be down here somewhere in the very near future, retailers would be foolish not to take advantage of the tens of thousands of homeowners that are on their way to Fenney and Southern Oaks. There is a lot of commercial land on the southwest side of Leesburg and that is where I see it going which is great as long as it is not too close to cause traffic such as on 441/27 up north. Build it and they will come, not Sears of course. Come on down and enjoy the south, most of us will never have an opportunity to see any thing like what is happening here for the rest of our lives, watching it happen is part of the fun. I always look forward to GoldwingNut's drone videos as the landscape changes so much in a very short period of time. They are closing 468 between 501 and 301 Monday and Tuesday nights and by the looks of it the 4-lanes are starting to be worked on.