View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 06:21 PM
Sage

What ships are in the Crown Class of Princess? We are not avid cruisers, and we haven't been on an ocean liner since 2010. However, as we get older and things happen healthwise, other forms of travel are currently denied to us. We just returned from a short cruise on the "Regal Princess," one of the newer ships. I had never been on a boat that size (3,560 passengers) and was prepared not to like it but did like it. We loved the entertainment, especially the Princess dancers and singers. We thought the food was good. As far as the cabin, everything worked and the cabin steward was very attentive. We didn't care about the destinations, having been there before.

Maybe Princess has changed for the worse. I do think they could be more subtle in their push to sell services to the passengers. I visited the Lotus Spa one time and was upset in the blatant attempt to sell overpriced lotions and potions and the employee's request that I tip her beyond the gratuity listed for the service. I think the drink package at $69 per day is ridiculous, at least for the senior crowd.