View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59;1612152[B
]I was under the impression that the southern villages were being built to appeal more toward those who like nature and more of the natural outdoor activities.[/B] This is why they concentrated less on courts and championship golf course and more on nature trails, dog parks, archery ranges and such. Are the pickle ball courts south of 44 busier than Rohan?

I am doubtful the residents south of 44 are what is making the pickleball courts north of 44 busy. In the off season I’ve seen an explosion of pickleball 101, 102, and 103 classes being taught all over. They became so ubiquitous they weren’t even full. This means there are lots more trained pickleball folks ready to take on the beginner, advanced beginner and open crowds.
I'm wondering where you got this impression. The draw of TV has always been the many different activities available throughout the community, and outdoor sports has always been extremely popular. I think there have been people who have defended against the negative comments when Fenney opened by stating that it was serene, had nature trails, and was uncrowded. The uncrowded part will not remain as building continues. These are almost the only new builds available, and I doubt everyone building there is doing it for the nature alone.