View Single Post

Old 01-03-2019, 12:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I was looking to move our tennis game and I got to tell you, it was very hard to find unreserved tennis courts for 8-11 in the morning. But later in the day, if there is still a need for pickleball courts, the tennis courts are often free.

When I’ve seen tennis and pickleball courts shared they use smaller nets on casters for the pickleball nets. The tennis nets are used as the fence between the pickle ball courts. If you have two tennis courts side by side you can get six pickle ball courts.

Raising and lowering tennis nets tends to wear out the net hardware fairly quickly. It might be a maintenance nightmare to attempt to do that daily. Not to mention trying to get recreation staff to pick up that chore, as you really don’t want just anyone attempting to play with the nets.
Most tennis courts are reserved usually till noon at most rec centers. in district 4 which only have 4 courts north of el Camino Reno at Chatham are reserved everyday till 11 am and the only 4 court design that don’t have warm up back board, another short changed in district 4