View Single Post

Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Gracie,

I want to address this, but not right now.

I understand what you are saying. I understand perspective.

For now, I need to think about how to say what I want to say without wasting my time, only to be deleted. I hope to add to the discussion and not shut it down.

I have no plan to attack. The question I am trying to answer is about how much of a problem politics can be for brand new Villagers, not for those who are established.

(PS: Jazuela, I understand what you are saying. High school can be brutal, junior high, maybe even worse.

Mean girls and boy bullies are always a part of the teenage territory and they thrive on pack behavior. Some never get past it. But that does not mean that educators should not do everything they can to stop it -- that was one of my "causes" throughout those many years I spent in secondary ed.

I bet your English teacher knew how insightful, discerning, perceptive you are. It shows in your writing. )
you have much more discipline than I when having such a conversation.

I was "entertained" the other morning having coffee and a bagel by a group of folks, LOUDLY proclaiming, not discussing, what was presented to them on television the night before, none of it true.

Wife and I simply left.

But it is what it is right now, and applying your patience and discipline is probably a good thing.

In your original post you said "I would love to have an actual discussion with someone who can tell me why they think as they do -- in their own words and from their individual experience"

I long to have those days of truth to return.

Hope have not gone too far and will quit now.