View Single Post

Old 09-23-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen83 View Post

The trend in hospitals these days puts more emphasis on plasma TV's than having a nurse available to answer a patient's call for help!
OMG! Did I type this? I was complaining to a Doc today that our hospital is spending $$$ to upgrade all the TVs in the hospital to flat screens, but that it takes a act of congress to get basic supplies approved by a financial committee. What a joke the health care industry has become. Okay climbing off my soapbox now...

Thanks for this thread, I'm a RN who will hopefully be moving down to TV within the next few years. I used to live in FL, and luckily have kept my FL License current. I work in a GI Lab now, better environment than Med/Surg---have no desire to return to that part of my life. Good rule of thumb has always been for me if they tell me 6:1 ratio in a interview, add at least 1 to whatever they tell you. I am sure ya'll find that true also in your experience.

Good thing about Nursing is that no matter where we move to, we can find a job. What kind of job that is, well that is always a mystery! Good luck to all the RNs moving down, wishing you all your dream jobs.