Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 01-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
I get this question almost every day.

Here's the breakdown of the spots, 10-15% calcium, 85-90% sediment.

The sediment sticks to the calcium, without a softener the Nova WHF will remove the all the sediment the remaining calcium is almost hard to see with the naked eye.

So two choices, clean it up 6-12 months with CLR for $3
or add a softener in addition to the WHF.

85% of of the homes in the main part of TV use only the WHF 15% added a softener, so it is not mandatory it is an option.

In Fenney the water has a higher calcium level there about 45% have our softener.

Again many are satisfied with just the WHF @ only $575+tax

A softener added to the WHF is $899

We just moved in to a 6-yr-old house that had no water system previously. CLR is working somewhat to remove the water spots, but it is a struggle and will take awhile. Plus some of the spots have eroded the porcelain sinks.

I can compare prices of water filtration/softener systems because we have had them in every house since the 1980s. The Nova + softener is the least expensive we have ever had, and I believe the water is cleaner and tastes better than we have ever had.

Jimbo gave a good explanation over the phone, presented a couple of choices, and Brad did an excellent installation.