View Single Post

Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 PM

Peachie, I think you and I are on the same page! I totally agree with everything you said, but at least where I worked for the last 4 years, a med/surg telemetry floor, we had more than our fair share of patients who were demanding, to say the least. Add to that the bad staffing and morale could get very low which creates a vicious cycle.

Our hospital definitely seems to put the emphases and money on making the rooms pretty when IMO, everyone would benefit with better staffing. The administrators need to get on the floor, get their hands dirty and see for themselves what it's like in the trenches.

As I said, the good for me outweighed the bad, which is why I want to continue working after our move to TV, preferably at TVRH. Returning to nursing after many years has been an extremely rewarding experience in spite of some of the problems I have encountered. But, I won't work with a 5-6 pt. ratio and will try to find something else.

I could get started on how insurance has created much of the problems in medicine, but think this is not the place for it.

Once again, I think you and I agree on more than you think...maybe I didn't make my thoughts clear in my first post.

A fellow RN, Karen

Last edited by Karen83; 09-23-2008 at 06:40 PM.