View Single Post

Old 01-04-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Anyone know how outside faucet is connected to plumbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Vacuum Breakers are required by code, and help protect the integrity of the water supply. Not just for you, but for your neighbors. So while you revel in your repair, keep in mind there are requirements and safeguards put in place. This is why people who aren't familiar with plumbing requirements should leave those jobs to professionals, and or at least research a repair project. And my earlier comment about hiring a professional was not just for you, but for everyone who balks at paying for a professional to do the job. I recall a post not that long ago about a resident here who had a neighbor replace a breaker in his main panel because he didn't want to pay an electrician.

That's blasphemous! Ok, did the homeowners home burn down? I've installed an entire new electrical panel . I've also done gas plumbing, water plumbing and a lot of electrical work in my home up north and IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT (breaker) PROPERLY do you think you should pay an electrician to do it?

I would never do anything like that for a neighbor for many reasons but for myself? Of course IF I am knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 01-04-2019 at 02:37 PM.