Thread: Softball Fields
View Single Post

Old 01-04-2019, 03:23 PM

I missed that rendering. Interesting that it does not show a scoring tower/concession stand in the middle of the fields, like the other complexes. They must have new/different ideas of how the games will be scored and announced. Of course, the actual may differ from the rendering. As a matter of fact, I hope it does because I have never seen an on-deck circle half way down the outfield line - HAHA.

If you look at GoldWingNut's recent flyover videos, you can see that the fields are already very well defined and even have the infields carved out as well as the dugout locations. The last aerial shot I saw even looked like they may already be sodding the outfields. The fields are along side the turnpike, but with the sound deflecting berms they are putting all along where TV meets the turnpike, I'm not sure how much will be seen from the highway. I believe the cart trail that will go in to get to the bridge over the turnpike will run between the fields and the turnpike itself. I know many players in the north won't be happy if they have to travel down there to play ball. Hopefully it will wait, at least, until those that live a little further south, at least, can get there by cart through brownwood.