View Single Post

Old 01-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My wife and I would like to go somewhere and just spend some time...anywhere from a couple weeks to a month or so...in one spot. We usually either cruise or go on road trip type vacations, so we're inexperienced at this type of trip. As a result, we'll take any advice we can get.

We want it to be in June or July (+/- a little). Something that would be near mountains or a beach would be great. (Both would be ideal...heheh.) But we're definitely not limiting ourselves to that. We'll consider almost anywhere.

So here's where the questions come in. We're used to a hotel/motel for our short stays on driving trips. What would be our options for this sort of stay-in-one-place trip? I won't get too verbose here. My questions could go on forever. So I'll just stop now. Your advice, recommendations, experiences, etc. are more than welcome for any aspect of such a trip you might think up.

Thanks in advance.
Here's an idea we came up with 25 years ago when I retired. We lived in Mexico and went back to N.Y. State every year for 2 months (June&July) to visit. We stayed in student housing. This was a privately owned apartment complex that would have been empty anyway as college was out. Became friends with the family that owned it and several other couples who lived in Florida and did the same thing. Did this for several years and always enjoyed seeing the people every year. I think most colleges have a housing office. Pick an area - find some local schools - call. Cost nothing to ask. Good luck.