View Single Post

Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I think a better metric of how easy it is to sell a house it median time it takes to sell one, not how many were sold. Statistics on time to sell though I think are hard to come by.

Lyle Gant, a local Realtor keeps excellent stats on sales of existing homes through the MLS.

In 2018 MLS resales of TV homes was 1391, average days on market was 48. That is a robust market.

2018 Villages Home Sales by Month and Type

Not sure how accurate, but I Have heard that MLS sells 40-50% of resales in TV, the balance of resales are done by TV sales agents through the VLS. So total resales in TV would be in the range of 2800 to 3000 last year. Adding new home sales of 2134 and you are over 5000 homes sold. Hardly anemic for one community. Any builder would give his right arm for those kind of numbers.

Yes, new home sales currently are a lot less than the heydays of 2004-2006, but there are many factors at play here. Average sales price of new homes has gone up by a considerable percentage, TV homes are getting larger. There are many ways to skin a cat. I would guesstimate that over 50% of TV new home sales are spec homes, not ordered with a deposit so lots of risk for the developer. Build too many or too few and you lose. If you feel you know better TV is always looking for talented people.

Last edited by GoodLife; 01-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.