View Single Post

Old 01-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysMom View Post
Thanks to all of you who offered recommendations.

A neighbor had just told me she tried a vet in Wildwood in a strip mall and his place was horrible and he was just as expensive.

Guess she is wrong? I went to Colony and loved the vet but it was really costly, tests done I am not sure were needed.
Assuming your neighbor was in fact talking about Dr. Porter, maybe your neighbor doesn't care for the small, plain "digs" at his office? The waiting area is very small (2 or 3 chairs) and nondescript. The exam rooms are functional but "pedestrian". As to costs, my vet in Michigan charged a LOT more than Dr. Porter has charged me for similar services. I would rather pay him for his experience than to subsidize a larger practice with more "ambiance" that neither I or my dogs really care about. I can't speak to the charges of other vets here (my searches before I moved here full time seemed to indicate that many were higher), but comparing to my old vet, I am far ahead of the game. More importantly, IMHO, my dogs are well treated and cared for by Dr. Porter.

Good luck with your search and transition to a new vet.