View Single Post

Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
I would like to simply say “rules are rules, obey them”. But I have seen people in a brand new neighborhood with more than 2 dogs. I was told they were allowed to buy a home with more than 2 dogs with the caveat that once they no longer exceed the limit with the dogs they moved in with, they could no longer have more than 2. So, at least one side is allowed to bend the rules when it benefits them. But I also recently heard a story of a woman that moved away because she was reported (notorious crabby neighbors) for having more than the limit and either the extra animal had to go or all of them had to. She chose the latter. I know for me, personally, I don’t want to have to make that choice, so while I give credit to anyone rescuing animals, especially dogs, I would still recommend abiding by the rules you agreed to when you moved in.

As for the original question, and has been eluded to, most of your deed restrictions are subject to enforcement only after complaint by neighbors. So if and how far you can bend them is highly dependent on them. And you never know who they will be tomorrow or a year from now.

Deed restrictions can vary from one district to another. I believe some are limited to only 1 pet. Find them, read them, and then it’s up to you to decide whether anything you do to break them is worth the risk/price.
What a non-judgemental, informative answer. Very well put.