View Single Post

Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 AM

Have you considered Branson, Missouri? You can be entertained as much as you like with "clean" respectful shows. The area is very friendly to retirees, especially military. My parents had 3 weeks of timeshares there and loved going. We went with them and were impressed. They found it relaxing and rejuvenating. Their favorite time was around Veterans Day where they have a parade recognizing the work and sacrifice of our veterans. They also host reunions for different military groups.

Also, since you are going in the summer, check out Colorado mountain resorts or rent a house. Again, you have the majestic mountains, hikes, wildlife, nature, peace & quiet. There are dude ranches as well if you want a more physically engaging experience. Or go in to the resort towns such as Breckenridge, Vail or others. If you get too bored (doubtful), you can drive back into Denver for the day.

Finally, Yellowstone National Park is phenomenal! You can visit different areas of the park for hiking, wildlife, and geographical features...way more than Old Faithful. Still one of my favorite places on earth. While it may be too late to find a place within the park (usually book a year out), Jackson Hole is just outside to the south, and you can check out the Grant Tetons which are quite majestic. There are other possible rentals on the outside of the park. I've been looking for a place for a family of 12 for the future and found several places outside of the park in Montana.

I hope this gives you a different part of our majestic USA to consider. Best Wishes and Safe Travels!