View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage

First of all, The Villages' growth has been fairly linear, not exponential, at approximately 2200 (+/-) new homes per year for about the last 10 years.

I agree that this time of year there is more demand for classes and you need to arrive early. Your suggestion of waiving the amenities fee for instructors has some issues. There are several thousand rec volunteers. Trying to sort out who should and shouldn't be given a waiver would be a mess that I doubt anyone would want to tackle. For example, there are those who put in a CD for an exercise class and those who actually teach a class. Would both be given waivers? How about softball managers and assistant softball managers? How about the ride leaders and sweeps for the cycling clubs? How about those who run non-exercise clubs? Is there a minimum level of attendance required for waiver of the amenities fee? This would require strict accounting. I don't see the CDDs taking this on.

When we had the LLC, residents had the option of paying for an exercise class and were guaranteed a spot. The instructors for those classes were paid. Unfortunately the LLC replacement, the Enrichment Academy, is more modest in it's offerings.

My wife teaches a class and it would certainly be nice if our amenities fee was waived. I just don't see it happening because there is little, if any, motivation/incentive for implementing this suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward III View Post
Given the exponential growth of the Villages; in order to participate in many very popular Resident volunteer instructor classes such as Yoga, Stretch, Water Aerobics etc (insert your own choices) I have found it necessary to arrive at least 40 to 60 minutes early to secure an available space. Some are so crowded that Spiderman skills would be handy.Having benefited from and witnessed many Resident volunteer Instructors talent, time spent, skills, expertise, and devotion to their subject matter; what better way to increase the available number of skilled Resident instructors by considering a Waiver of Amenity fee for those individuals. Recreational employees facilitate the use of specific areas for the Resident Instructors, attendance is always electronically monitored. Villages should consider a solution. (Note- I'm not an instructor or married to one)

Last edited by biker1; 01-09-2019 at 07:47 AM.