View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Geez.

"Let's Behead the Messenger" is a popular club on TOTV. Leaders are volunteers.
- - - - -

Anyway, Ed III, I am sorry you are under attack for just asking what looks to me like a sincere question.

I do not think what you offer is a particularly good idea, nor do I think it will ever happen. But thanks for thinking about it.

We bought 5 years ago. In just that amount of time, I have really felt the increase in crowding. Some of it is because we are around only in colder months, usually. But even so, there has been a change.

I do not think the ratios of people to the popular things they want to do will ever be the same as even a few years ago.

Sometimes finding a seat at our neighborhood pool can be a problem. (I can find a different pool. But darn it, I can walk to my usual one.)

I long ago gave up getting into water classes.

One of my favorite clubs is the Civil Discourse Club but I have to get there really early. One time, I had to deal with some guy who was trying to cut me off at the pass for the last seat. (I was there first. I got the seat. He was not very "civil.")

Getting into movies can sometimes be a problem.

I think you are asking your question because you are feeling the crowding, too.

But, crowds are a fact, and will remain a fact.

In fairness though, I will say that I think it is probably easier for full-time Villagers.