View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 AM
Default There is a lot of missing information

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Being relatively new to Florida I know nothing about No Fault Insurance. Today my wife got rear ended in a turnabout, police ticketed the offender. I called Travelers and they told me I could file a claim with them and pay my deductible or I could call the offenders company, Geico, and deal with then directly and pay no deductible.. I have insurance for rental reimbursement, if he does not have that coverage, how does this all work??? thanks for any input.
You do not state how much the damage is. What your deductible is. If, your car is drivable.

The good news. The other driver was ticketed. You should get a copy of the police report. When, you car is rear ended it is always the fault of the person who hit you.

I assume you have contact information on the other driver. If, not it will be on the ticket and the accident report that the police officer surely filled out. You may choose to contact the other driver and ask if they are or have reported the accident.
If, the dollar value of the accident is low. IF, YOUR WIFE WAS NOT INJURED. IF, THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. You may choose to accept a letter that they are guilty, you accept no responsibility
AND THEY PAY YOUR DAMAGES IN CASH OR CERTIFIED CHECK.

Even though you are completely innocent, if they or you report the accident YOUR INSURANCE RATES WILL GO UP.

MY PERSONAL VIEW-you are probably better off, wiser, filing an accident report with your insurance company and letting them fight it out with Geico. Too often the other guilty party will not accept responsibility will claim, invent, so excuse why it is your fault sue you for?????? That will get messy if you choose not to report the accident. You can expect, it will take over a year to get back your deductible. My experience with GEICO similar case where my car was parked and was hit by one of their customers about 30 years ago.