View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Default Read my post #24 on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I called Geico on 1/2 and again on 1/3. They told me I have to wait until they talk to their insured and they have yet to return their calls. Stated that they give them 8 to 10 days to reply. Doesn't matter what the police report says and that the driver received a ticker, they have to talk to their insured. Also found out that he wasn't driving his car, it belongs to someone else so now they have to talk to both of them and neither one has called them back. This tells me something about Geico as well as the driver and owner. Up north when someone hit my son, their at fault driver's insurance company called him within a few hours to set up an inspection.
As I suggested, unfortunately you probably should file a claim with YOUR insurance company.
As I read this post something is fishy. The car driver is not the owner.
I'm not an atty but far as I know even if the car is stolen the person who owns the car is still liable for any damages caused by that car.
BEWARE-that 7-8 day stall by GEICO. You only have ????? seven days after the accident to see a doctor for possible medical injuries.
As to inspection and what they will allow. You may be wise to take your car to a body shop and get a written estimate-it may cost you a couple of bucks. There is the right way to repair your car and there is the CHEAP WAY. Obviously, GEICO will offer you the CHEAP WAY and then likely send you to their repair shop. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO SEND YOU TO THE BEST-JUST THE CHEAPEST.