View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

There were police on the scene and a report was made along with a ticket for the driver of that car. I don't understand why you would say that our rates would go up since the other driver was at fault. The car is drivable and the damage is not going to have a high dollar figure, it needs a new bumper at a minimum, if anything behind the bumper is damaged that too would need to be repaired or replaced. The car was not stolen as the police spent well over 30 minutes on the computer checking everything before they printed out the information sheet. The patrolman stated that vehicle number one on the information sheet is always understood to be the one at fault and the police report number is on the sheet. I called Wildwood and asked when I could get a copy of the report and they still have not returned my car. I am upset with Geico for the sole reason that they are giving the driver this much time to return their phone calls. I also understood that you have two years to file a medical injury claim. I was also told by Geico that they would send out an inspector/estimator to look at our car. I'm going to let this play out a little longer so I can see what happens and how honest everyone is in regards to the insurance companies and I don't particularly want to wait up to a year to get back $500.00 The driver will not be calling them back based on his attitude. I think I noted earlier that a witness came forward that saw him crash the stop sign and tailgate my wife and when she went over to speak with my wife the driver stated "This has nothing to do with you and to leave" very hostile statement and I'm sure he knows all of the stall tactics. The witness chose to stay until the police arrived however they told her a statement was not required as they knew who was at fault.