View Single Post

Old 01-10-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
1. An adjustable driver's seat. I'm short. My foot doesn't reach the pedal all the way so I have to "tiptoe" the gas and brake. Hubby is taller, so adding a block to the pedals would be a real pain in the butt because we'd have to add them and take them off every time "the other" of us is driving that day.
2. Safety glass windshield and wiper.
3. Factory installed seatbelts.
4. A hybrid system that includes electric, gas, and solar panels on the roof.
5. It must be some hideous gaudy shade of orange and purple. Maybe plaid. If I can't have a bend-over lady in my front yard, dammit, I'm gonna make my statement with my golf cart! (just kidding, though orange is a great color for a golf cart I think)
6. Rollover bars.
7. A fog horn.
Orange is chosen by many. And other bright colors. I am glad you are kidding about the bend over lady.

I remember how skeptical I was about this place after seeing how great it appeared to be after seeing it a couple of times. I questioned many of the things that you are questioning and I was met with hostility and negativity, just as you are.

That is because many people who live here all year around and enjoy it are just like many other Americans defending their home town.

There are so few really negative comments that many people will think anyone who is negative is a troll.

What is important to remember is this; we are a true melting pot of geographic culture here. There are people living here from all States and they bring with them their mini cultures and their upbringing and their social attitudes. We are predominantly traditional people and predominantly ...not rich. We are also predominantly law abiding and rule following but that does not mean we are not creative and very talented and interesting. Wait until you hear the musical talent and see the artistic talent we have here.

What I am trying to say is this. You will find friends here who look at things the way you do. They will be exited to join you in your new adventures. You will find friends here who do NOT look at things the way you do. Older people are very wise and have seen just about everything in the five decades plus that most of us are. Older people are often outspoken and often they are the silent and will just leave you alone if they don't like you. You can be either, whatever fits you comfortably. There are lots of us here. Choose your friends and choose your groups. We have tons of room right now in the high season in the classes I attend at Laurel Manor which are at this time a painting class, a craft class and a ceramics class. I try to avoid the more widely attended exercise classes. Not because they are crowded but because I just hate to exercise.

I will look for your orange golf cart.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-10-2019 at 07:00 AM.