View Single Post

Old 01-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Geez.

"Let's Behead the Messenger" is a popular club on TOTV. Leaders are volunteers.
- - - - -

Anyway, Ed III, I am sorry you are under attack for just asking what looks to me like a sincere question.

I do not think what you offer is a particularly good idea, nor do I think it will ever happen. But thanks for thinking about it.

We bought 5 years ago. In just that amount of time, I have really felt the increase in crowding. Some of it is because we are around only in colder months, usually. But even so, there has been a change.

I do not think the ratios of people to the popular things they want to do will ever be the same as even a few years ago.

Sometimes finding a seat at our neighborhood pool can be a problem. (I can find a different pool. But darn it, I can walk to my usual one.)

I long ago gave up getting into water classes.

One of my favorite clubs is the Civil Discourse Club but I have to get there really early. One time, I had to deal with some guy who was trying to cut me off at the pass for the last seat. (I was there first. I got the seat. He was not very "civil.")

Getting into movies can sometimes be a problem.

I think you are asking your question because you are feeling the crowding, too.

But, crowds are a fact, and will remain a fact.

In fairness though, I will say that I think it is probably easier for full-time Villagers.
Thanks for your kind response. Looks as my post "has lit the fuse of the online thought police". I've been very busy participating in all the rewarding activities here in The Villages. I'll check back in a few more days to see how some have responded multiple times. Meanwhile, its time to shut off the computer and get outside enjoy all that is provided for "happiness in our final quarter"