View Single Post

Old 09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen83 View Post
Peachie,

I totally understand your frustration and am right there with you....there is plenty of frustration on both sides of medicine. Like Rozzie, I would never leave a loved one alone in the hospital and that is a sad statement coming from nurses. I am sorry you've had those bad experiences and won't try to make excuses for them.

Bottom line......we need better staffing. But, that takes money, which begs the question.......where are all of our health care dollars going?? Hint....check out the salaries of the insurance CEO's.

Now, I'm done and will get packing for our move. Like Rozzie, I'm putting my soapbox away.

Karen
Karen,

You hit the nail on the head about the salaries of the insurane companies' CEO. It is down-right wrong what they get paid at the expense of healthcare.

As far as hospital budgets go, the department heads do pretty well with bonuses for keeping under budget by cutting staffing and services.
Also, hospital management feel "pretty" gives the impression they give better service.

Although not a nurse (but my son is) as a respiratory therapist I can relate to trying to give good patient care in todays healthcare system. It is not an easy task.
Village of Hemmingway