View Single Post

Old 01-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have stopped going to the Sumter County library on Powell Road, and now I use the library near the Pimlico rec center. The reason is the extremely noisy automatic doors at the entrance. These doors can be heard clanging constantly throughout the entire library. The employees also hate the doors, but have apparently given up trying to get them fixed. I have filled out the complaint form, and even wrote a personal letter to the county, but did not receive any reply. Has anyone else been irritated by this issue?
The public libraries I have worked or volunteered in were very noisy. That is a sign of a library staff getting their resources out to the community. The academic libraries were more for studying and the like where you could get silenced by other library users or the library workers.

You may want to check out Lady Lake Public Library. It is set up so that they have a lot of community rooms away from a quiet area. It does cost $20 a 6 month period for Sumter County residents but the DVD/Blu-Ray and number of copies of popular books is well worth it.

They have some very comfortable chairs and a nice area to study in the Lady Lake Library regular area. Children's libraries can get quite noisy.

The library on Belvedere is quiet you are right. At least, whenever I have been in there.

You would think that they would get that automatic door fixed though at the Powell Road library. You should contact whoever manages that library and not so much the front desk people who could just be volunteers?

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.