View Single Post

Old 01-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Default Closing Threads and Removing Posts

I was so pleased to see a thread today that had been closed after only 1 post, had an explanation for the closure. The moderator's post said:

“Question answered, thread closed.”

So nice to get an explanation – you made me feel like an adult. I think many/some, well at the least I, would love to understand more about participating in TOTV. There are times I understand why a thread is closed. But there have been many other times where I scratched my head and re-read the posts, thinking, “Ok, if I were Moderator Queen-For-A-Day, why would I close this?” and was unable to posit an answer. So, my suggestion would be to include a reason, whenever possible, as the above quoted moderator did. Some suggestions off the top-of-my-head (but I’m sure there are many better suggestions).

Personal Attack - Thread Closed
Political – Thread Closed
Too far off Topic – Thread Closed
No longer helpful – Thread Closed
Timeliness has expired – Thread Closed
Lack of interest – Thread Closed
Inflammatory - Thread Closed
Uncivil - Thread Closed
Because I'm the Mommy or Because I said so - Thread Closed

etc., etc.

I would also love to get a PM whenever my personal post is removed. Sometimes I don’t get it. Sometimes I do – LOL like the time I posted to a classified ad for a large, outdoor Pink Flamingo, asking the seller to please don’t sell it here since I wouldn’t want to live next to one. HaHa – What was I thinking? So happy that post was removed faster than you can say Jiminy Cricket.

Anyway, the Forum does say . . . Suggestion Box. Thanks.

Last edited by BK001; 01-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.