View Single Post

Old 01-13-2019, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I've dropped of many Amazon returns at the UPS store (in Pinellas Plaza and others) for free. I've seen other people dropping off Amazon returns and not being charged. I've always been able to get a receipt so I could track it. Amazon even tells you you can drop off at any UPS store for free.

It's varied over time and depends on what you are returning but in the past I've also had UPS pick up Amazon returns at my house for free too.
What I simply meant was: They have no choice. IF THEY (The UPS Store) DID charge a fee they could lose their franchise. THE MUST accept all dropoffs for UPS at no charge AT THE STORE since they are THE UPS STORE. They are also REQUIRED to accept USPS packages as part of their franchise agreement and also are a DHL partner. . Having spent over 3 years running a The UPS Store for a franchisee I spent many hours with the rules and regs and the DM's. They CAN charge a fee if they choose to accept any other package.

As for Amazon returns via UPS they do not do a home pickup of UPS PACKAGES at NO CHARGE unless the return is for THEIR (Amazon's) error like defective or whatever. Otherwise Amazon charges return shipping fee PLUS a UPS pickup fee of $6 no matter how you return it.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 01-13-2019 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typos