View Single Post

Old 01-15-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=BK001;1616233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post

We are from Brooklyn and I think that qualifies us as being very cautious, suspicious and wary by nature. The no cash refund policy is so common that I am shocked that anyone thinks it is not standard policy with small businesses. Unfortunately both parties relied on the word "return" without a further explanation of what that entails -- cash, credit, etc. So seller and buyer had a miscommunication. But it is Caveat Emptor and the seller absolutely did what he promised -- to return the item.

As far as being lied to in The Villages? Absolutely not our experience at all. Bought a house, two cars, tons of items from TOTV, and lots of household furnishings and services from various local businesses. Never had a problem.
We're from the midwest so with that, are more trusting of people and their "word". So being wary has to be learned from experience. That said though...we haven't ever been lied to by The Villages or car people neither. We did have "one" experience with someone (NOT even from The Villages) but that's on us for not doing further investigation. Lesson learned! New folks also need to be skeptical of landscapers, handy people and the like who ask for $$$ up front and don't show up. THAT wasn't a part however of our "one" experience. It was for a product sold that didn't offer the results promised or the full-return if it didn't. I will also add it wasn't from a local business neither---but an independent contractor who was prevailing upon people's needs and left the area. Lesson learned!! THAT was 2 yrs ago