Thread: Small successes
View Single Post

Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Small successes

The handle on my master bath toilet started getting loose and was finally just dangling. I tried to tighten the plastic nut on the inside of the tank to no avail.

Called two plumbers but they didn't have non-emergency appointments available for more than a week. Yes, I could walk across the house to the guest bath and yes, I could leave the tank lid off and manually pull up the flapper, but what am I, an animal?

I drove the 4 minutes to Ace and the person doing the welcoming directed me to the correct aisle. There were probably 10 different types of handle/lever assemblies at various price points and materials. I was pondering the mysteries of plumbing when the helpful hardware man came to find me and ask if I needed help. As it turns out, yes.

He explained the difference between front and side mounts vs universal, etc. I told him I wasn't able to tighten the nut on the handle; it just kept spinning. He said, "You know that turns counter clockwise."

MIND BLOWN!

Thanks, Ace. You lost a $7 sale but saved me an $80 service call from the plumber.