View Single Post

Old 01-16-2019, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Definitely don't drive a golf cart at night, until you've memorized the route by day. For me that only took two trips to learn the route from my Lifestyle visit home to Brownwood center, with the first trip having occured at night (learned my lesson and remembered exactly where I got lost, when I went back the next day to figure it out). It's not just the lights that's a problem. It's the fact that you're on a golf cart and not the street. It's easy to get turned around when you're dealing with going over and under and around the main road, when the thing you want is RIGHT THERE in front of you but you can't go there from here because you're on a golf cart path!

Where we live now in the north, they switched out the regular street lamps for LED lights and let me tell you - I might as well be driving with no lights at all. Those things are horrible. They're pin-points, and the luminescence is so bright it hurts your eyes - yet the light itself doesn't travel all the way to the pavement so you're still driving in almost pitch-black conditions. In the rain it's a hundred times worse because the light reflects upward from the water on the road, creating near-blinding conditions. Seeing street signs isn't too bad, if you're driving slower than the speed limit and squint right before you pass them.
Living in the north, north Villages or not a Village resident?