Thread: #29 Florida
View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm interested, Fraugoofy, just from a comparison sake. Your yearly expenditure sounds great. You say you do more than most people you know. I assume you have no mortgage, and have no credit card debt. But other than that, do you eat out much or travel much? What is it that you do more of?

Please, I'm not at all being snarky. I am genuinely interested in the things that you do. Are there two of you? I am always interested in living well on less. We were just talking today about ditching one of the cars (both paid for). And I suppose a cat would be a lot cheaper than an 84-lb shedding dog. (I must have a pet.)

This is an interesting topic for me.
I don't eat out much. I can make better food at home. I have zero debt. I own a rental and a home in TV, a golf cart and a car. I own a home in Wisconsin. My rental pays all my bills for my homes.

I travelled last year to Italy, Cancun, Vegas, Riveria Maya and Punta Cana.

I use many many ways to save money on groceries, including Ibotta, saving star, etc. I don't buy anything I don't need. I don't shop in brick and mortar stores much. I shop estate sales, garage sales and online.

I am 50 years old... and have earned every penny I have. I did not win the lottery or collect an inheritance. I believe in the value of hard work and living below my means.

When people ask if they can live on 48k a year without providing specifics about lifestyle or debt, it's a difficult question to answer. I can only provide my perspective or experience.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk