View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
New here. The wife and I are just starting our search for where to go once we are empty nesters.

Of all the places we've researched (and I can't say that is very many or very extensive yet) TV has the best online presence. The main TV site is full of information about the LIFESTYLE & COMMUNITY, and they have the Daily Sun. Then there is this forum, and the guys doing YouTube videos. I haven't found anywhere else even close.

Solivita is another place that's caught my eye, but their website is terrible, and their HOA site is all locked up behind logins. It's very hard to inform prospective buyers about your activities & lifestyle when all the info is locked away. And Solivita's main site makes it clear it is one of many developments by the builder. That doesn't speak of a big commitment to Solivita to me.

The wife & I are not looking for a nice house - there are millions of those available (we live in one). We're looking for an active social community & amenities that many other places seem to offer lip-service to, but TV seems to really focus on and have.

I think it is time for you and the wife to come and visit. It is very hard to understand how smoothly this place happens and how nice it is by reading a Forum on line.

When you visit you should attend the class about the CDD and how this place works.

You also need to realize that rec centers and recreation facilities and golf courses are added as The Village grows. And potential volunteers move in with each new batch of newbies. Perhaps you have a skill to share?

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-18-2019 at 09:22 PM.