View Single Post

Old 01-19-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
This market is multi-faceted. I guess markets always are, but this one feels more so. I have been aware for decades and I cannot remember ever feeling like the picture was so big, with so many moving parts.

Please notice that I said "feels" because I am not an analyst.
Along those lines, and in contradiction to my overall philosophy of 'buy and hold,' Friday's little rally has convinced me that it's now time...to become more conservative in my funds.

And while in 6 months, if this already record bull run continues and I may have left money on the table, I am more than satisfied with my annual returns over the last 10 years...and will have no regrets.

There are just too many "big, with so many moving parts...," (of which are too political to go into detail here)...that makes me think it's time to sit on the sidelines for a while.

Since it will be my children who will be the beneficiaries of my financial decisions, I think they will understand my philosophy that...'pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.'

I also believe that the markets will also get back to a position where it makes sense to be more aggressive, it's just my (non-professional financial opinion)...now is not that time.