Old 09-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack View Post
-no picture, but as for my name...

Boomer - obvious reason

BeBack - A little story...

Remember the days of those high pressure sales pitches for timeshares for everything from campsites to condos to cruises? A free meal could bait you through the door. The sales people had a name for those who would show up, eat, listen politely to the spiel for the deal that was good "for today only" and then try to make a gracious exit by saying that they would be back. They called those people the "BeBacks" and knew they would never be back.

I visited TV and I listened and I learned stuff. But I might actually be back some day.
. . .

OK. That is a really old quote. And it is from me. I have just quoted myself. How pathetic is that. It is what I have been driven to doing this afternoon.

Fall is in the air and I have found myself in the grip of some sort of cleaning frenzy here at Boomer Base. So I thought I would sit down at this computer in the kitchen and try to get over it. I have the financial news blaring in the background, and I need to get over that, too.

And I put the old post up there so this one would maybe make a little sense.

So here is what I have decided to think about instead of all that other stuff right now:

I want to lose the BeBack from my screen name. I do not like it anymore. And a couple of things have happened since I signed on last November. First of all, I plan to "be back" to TV. And secondly, as I have come to terms with the vast number of posts I have written here, I realize that the fact that I will "be back" to TOTV goes without saying.

So that whole "BeBack" thing just is not working for me anymore. Silly. I know. But what the heck. It has become way too obvious.

Therefore, I am trying to figure out how to lose the baggage of that last name I no longer like. I want to be just plain Boomer. And I am actually working on an avatar to go with that name. Last November I had not even heard of avatars.

So anyway, I hope to lose the BeBack soon. If I can figure it all out at some point, I will become Boomer, just Boomer, that's it.

I just want to go the route of my fellow boomer, Cherilyn Sarkisian.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-25-2008 at 01:40 PM.