View Single Post

Old 01-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back9 View Post
My house is in Historic District/Lady Lake.

I've been researching about Water Softeners, and I haven't seen any ultimatums about them, i.e. "You must have a water softener or your pipes will clog up and then you have excavate under your house to fix them..." or something of that nature.

Any thoughts?

Are water softeners a "must have" if you live in TV?

Thanks in advance.
Back9
No they are not a necessity but they sure make life better. The benefits quoted in the other post are valid but left out one important one: the improved life and operation of your hot water tank. The more you research what still remains in any city water supply should convince you of their worth to your health and the health of your home, appliances, pipes, etc. My home in The Villages is my 19th. I've had experience with many different brands of water softeners over the years and am convinced there is only one brand worth investing your money: Kinetico. They are more expensive up front but will save you money in the long run versus all other brands. If you move you can have the Kinetico dealers move it to your new home. But if the buyer of your home is smart they will insist the Kinetico stays with the house. I do not work for Kinetico nor am I an investor in the company. Do a little research and you will see why they are the best I have ever owned.