Thread: TV Here I Come!
View Single Post

Old 01-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Been here about 3 weeks and I thought I'd update y'all on my experiences and impressions.
1. Driving down was OK, but South Carolina in I-95 was a parking lot. I am rehabbing a completely ruptured achilles tendon, suffered August 31 back home, on my first and what will be my only, experience on a pickleball court. Driving was OK except for the 3 hours of stop-and-go in SC...otherwise, all OK

2. I was concerned that it wouldn't be as warm as I'd like it. My folks retired to the Naples area and I thought maybe I'd like it more tropical. Wrong. I think it's great. It reminds me very much of my favorite time up north, i.e. Autumn...just great.

3. The people: Just about everyone I've met has a ready smile, and a sunny disposition. I've played a fair amount of golf as a single 4th, and I've enjoyed everyone I've played with.

4. The golf...I've played some executive courses, and a few nines (going to play my first 18 since my injury, tomorrow, if it doesn't rain too hard) of championship courses. I've enjoyed it all. Pelican is a treasure.

5. the traffic...not bad at all IMO...way better than the Naples area in wintertime. Generally pretty fine. Now that I have the swing of the roundabouts, I think they are a very efficient way to keep the traffic moving. My first day I messed up and was saved by an alert driver, but I've repayed the system a couple of times now by saving someone else. I have only had one bad experience, when a black Suburban passed me on the left while I was making a left turn, having signaled properly, I didn't cut him off, he was just an impatient jerk. Fortunately I saw it coming in the sideview and didn't turn in front of him.

6. one cooler day we drove to Fenney and walked around. Very lovely were the big center is with the trail and the water and the oaks. I don't think the area is what I'd be looking for, personally, but it is very nice.

7. I am ready for sleepy-bye much earlier than I normally am.. must be the golf, the walking and all of the fresh air.

In conclusion: nice place ya got here.