View Single Post

Old 01-26-2019, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Villagetinker, I'm with you 100%. Anyone on Facebook is taking a giant risk, as the people that run it have no qualms about using you and your data to further their own agendas in myriad ways. Remember, even if you delete your Facebook account, they still have their hooks in you.
That is sadly true on Facebook or any public exchange. The owners of this Forum know your computer numbers. They have the power to ban you here and ban you again with a new screen name. Some posters are more devious than others and return under new names but usually can be filtered out.

I like to know who I am talking to. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. At least that is what Dr. Phil says.

YOU must know the safety rules of the internet in all ways you interact on the internet. Or you can have your identity stolen. Change your password regularly. Always log directly on to a site.

As for Facebook and the "recent unpleasantness", I think it is much improved. A little sunlight on a problem is a good thing. Aside from the owner of Facebook being an unabashed...……… YOUNG Person with all that entails, I don't think anyone is watching me or using my information to harm me. You have an opportunity to turn in "Fake News" or sources you deem questionable on Facebook.