View Single Post

Old 01-27-2019, 06:00 PM
Default Gone and done it! Now looking for some info....

We found a Gardenia model with 3 car garage in Sanibel that we will be closing on Feb. 22. Since we still own a midwest home we will be heading back at the end of February. We will probably be back and forth until we sell it in the next 6 months or so. We will eventually be full timers.

We probably won't be back in TV till early April and I am concerned what we need to get set up before our return. I think I will try to hire someone for yard mowing during our absence but what else do I need to get in place as a minimum?

Even after we come back in April we will probably only be here for a couple of weeks before going back North. So, I am also concerned about receiving monthly bills/making payments for utilities and amenity fees etc. I don't see any easy way around this as we will be going back and forth until we are moved and sell our home.

If I could immediately set everything up via autopay from my bank account this would be ideal, but I am not sure it is possible to set these up before we leave. Anyone else dealt with this during their transition?

We have already set up a checking account with Citizens First and funded it with enough to cover monthly bills for probably at least a year.

I have set up to have homeowner's insurance, bond, and fees to be paid in the monthly mortgage. I am not even sure how many monthly statements there will be as I think some fees are wrapped into one statement??

I am aware of the cautions about prepaying for services. What do you do about paying people mowing the lawn? Do they bill you, or do you prepay a month at a time??

Any help on getting me over the bill paying hump will be greatly appreciated.

As a last thought, when is it appropriate to get driver licence changed over to Florida? I am thinking maybe not until we get moved in full time??