View Single Post

Old 01-27-2019, 06:18 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
We found a Gardenia model with 3 car garage in Sanibel that we will be closing on Feb. 22. Since we still own a midwest home we will be heading back at the end of February. We will probably be back and forth until we sell it in the next 6 months or so. We will eventually be full timers.

We probably won't be back in TV till early April and I am concerned what we need to get set up before our return. I think I will try to hire someone for yard mowing during our absence but what else do I need to get in place as a minimum?

Even after we come back in April we will probably only be here for a couple of weeks before going back North. So, I am also concerned about receiving monthly bills/making payments for utilities and amenity fees etc. I don't see any easy way around this as we will be going back and forth until we are moved and sell our home.

If I could immediately set everything up via autopay from my bank account this would be ideal, but I am not sure it is possible to set these up before we leave. Anyone else dealt with this during their transition?

We have already set up a checking account with Citizens First and funded it with enough to cover monthly bills for probably at least a year.

I have set up to have homeowner's insurance, bond, and fees to be paid in the monthly mortgage. I am not even sure how many monthly statements there will be as I think some fees are wrapped into one statement??

I am aware of the cautions about prepaying for services. What do you do about paying people mowing the lawn? Do they bill you, or do you prepay a month at a time??

Any help on getting me over the bill paying hump will be greatly appreciated.

As a last thought, when is it appropriate to get driver licence changed over to Florida? I am thinking maybe not until we get moved in full time??
We bought our house in March but asked for a 90 day closing date which brought us to the end of June. We signed up with The Villages homewatch until we finally moved here in August. We had a friend who mowed our lawn for us. We did not change over our license and registration until we arrived.
Never prepay for services, have them bill you and have whoever does your homewatch verify that it is being done.