Thread: cat problems
View Single Post

Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Default Not sure about florida law

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Many communities have pet restrictions...cats notwithstanding!! AKA leash laws. BUT many people don't adhere to this law with their cats!! It's true...that they may be in peril here due to the preditors (ie. birds of prey, coyotes and sometimes gators). We've had cats before (not here) and they were kept inside. It's not cruel to do so! Last cat we had lived with us 12 yrs. Someone in the neighborhood had one that didn't adhere to the town's law and that cat would make it's way to our yard. It was a nuisance! I don't know about you...but I'd not want someone else's cat spraying on my property OR disappear.
I remember an instance here where we were carting through a neighborhood and saw a cat lying dead in the middle of a street. We were home a bit later and heard the guy on the radio reporting a lost cat (with description). I called him and said, I don't know if it's the same cat but we were in that neighborhood and this dead cat fit the description. Maybe you should notify the owner that it may be deceased. You kitty could also get hit while it's out prowling!!
As an ex-New Yorker and frankly someone who wonders about the insanity of laws. I stumbled over the fact that in NY the law says you must report an accident if you hit a dog. A cat does not have that,"protection." It is legal to hit it and drive away.

I am neither anti cat or anti dog. I believe MOST pet owners are responsible. Sadly the few that justify their to hell with everyone else but me are the cause of friction.