View Single Post

Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 AM

Took family member who was in Orlando on business and wanted to see The Villages. Took her out to what we thought would be a nice country club dinner. Had not been to Hacienda Hills since remodel so we arrived about 7pm. Walked in and could not hear anything as the entertainer that was there had the sound up so loud it made the two Nirvana concerts I attended sound like a string quartet. Waited at the front desk for 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge us. I know we should have left but it was getting late and did not want to run around to another place. Finally got seated and was handed a 1 page computer printed menu. Waitress took our drink orders after going to bar 3 times to see what wine and beers they had. First two orders for drinks, 2 Yeunglings & 1 Reisling, they were out. Go to order dinner and there were 2 back and forth with the kitchen as they were out of those items. Now mind you all of this is going on while screaming over the entertainment. The waitress drops the food and check and was nowhere to be found after that. Food was below what could be called country club food. Finally got another waiter to take the bill. After leaving and getting home my wife informs me that on the bill along with the food and drinks was a $5 per person charge for entertainment. This was not information that was provided to us prior to seating or ordering. She did not mention it when paying the bill as she could tell I was already agitated and embarrassed in front of our guest.

Left while apologizing to our guest. Absolutely the worst experience we have had at a Villages restaurant in our 10 year history here. Will not walk through the doors again until we hear of new owners and complete staff change.