Thread: Lopez Legacy
View Single Post

Old 02-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
My husband and I had dinner last evening at Lopez. WOW!!! The entire restaurant was renovated. 5 separate dining rooms each decorated beautifully. One room has a garden wall. The bar is beautiful with dramatic lighting on the far wall. Additionally, there is a small private dining room. Hard decision picking an appetizer there were many good choices. We split the grilled octopus and it was excellent. Other appetizers shrimp wellington, oysters on the 1/2 shell, beef carpaccio, fried calamari and crab cakes. Soups include lobster bisque and mushroom brie. Entree's include several pasta dishes, steaks, seafood, lamb shank and a pork chop. There were other entree's that I do not remember. The entree's were paired with a side. I had the best filet mignon I have ever eaten. It was topped with foie gras and had an excellent wine sauce. The filet was paired with truffle oil mas potatoes. My husband had the rib eye with marble salted potatoes. There are additional sides to order including lobster mac and cheese. We did not order dessert. They had key lime pie and chocolate cake. This was the soft opening menu. I asked to see the lunch menu and it has not been finalized. They are concentrating on the dinner menu. George was our server and one of my favorite servers in TV. Everything was top shelf. ambience, food and service. We will definitely return. Owners and mangers were visiting each table.
Right now it is a soft opening.
So great to hear. Beautiful place to dine!