View Single Post

Old 02-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Many people turn the focus on the persons who report violations. The violator (not the reporter) creates a potential problem when he violates the rules.

Narcissists blame others, as well as feel a highly increased sense of entitlement, i.e. "I am entitled to put up a lawn ornament, and if I get caught, you are to blame for turning me in".

Violators might want to consider that they are to blame. They agree to follow the rules when they buy. Then they decide to ignore them. So who is really to blame when one "gets caught"? Could it be the one who feels "entitled" to do as he pleases?
One is not "getting caught" doing something sneaky, if the thing they're doing is in plain sight and they're not trying to hide it. If the concensus of the neighborhood is "this is cute, we're okay with it, we have no problem with it, and it's acceptable" then who are you, who lives in a whole other neighborhood, to come to their neighborhood just so that you have an excuse to "turn them in?" You don't live there, it's none of your business.