View Single Post

Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Default Comcast vs Spectrum vs Direct TV

Last weekend at LSL we attended the vendor fair/chili competition. We stopped at a vendor called the Satellite Team. He mentioned our options in Sanibel would be Comcast or Spectrum for cable TV or Direct TV with a dish. There is already a dish in the yard of the house we just purchased.

Just curious, which is better way to go for TV considering price, reliability and customer service?

We will need internet, what is best option?

I am thinking initially going with an internet provider then trying an attic antenna for TV. if reception is poor We would need to go with a cable or dish. We won't be using land line phones.

Can a person go with say Comcast for an intro low price for a year or two then switch to Spectrum for their low intro price for a couple of years, continually switching back and forth to get better rates? I really dislike the high rate increases these cable companies charge once you are a customer.

Oh, by the way, I probably sampled 25 of the 50 chili competitors. Couldn't hold anymore. We had a good time there and got some good leads on local businesses.